Can you explain in a few sentences what Freefolk is?
- Maya: Freefolk is a Christian lifestyle brand, created as a fun way to share the love of Jesus Christ. We use faith-inspired products to fellowship and fundraise for good causes.
Why did you start a faith-based business?
- Maya: As far back as I can remember, I've always had this burning desire to want to build a business of my own. And as I grew older, I got tired of making excuses for why I wasn’t doing more with my life. The weight of having a desire to serve more, but not really acting on it, was growing heavier by the day. Then in the midst of some very trying times, faith sort of thumped me on the head and showed me how I could pursue my passions for a higher purpose. And then just like that, Freefolk Christian Sportswear was born.
How do you come up with spiritual designs that connect to people?
- Maya: Most of the themes within our debut line come from common expressions I’ve heard since I was a little girl. We connect these themes with vibrant color combinations to create a variety of designs that we hope have widespread appeal and inspire people to live more For Christ.
What’s the meaning behind the For Christ Logo?
- Maya: Years ago, when I first started to think about what it meant to live life with a greater purpose, I sketched out the For Christ Logo – the number 4 connected to a cross. There’s a number of things we can do to live better, be better. But for me, whatever I was going to do, I knew it had to serve Christ first and foremost. So, creating the For Christ Logo was just a fun and inspirational way to share that sentiment with others.
What’s next for Freefolk?
- Maya: Well, we’re just getting started – so everything! We’re super excited about this lil’ love project and looking forward to sharing the love of Jesus Christ as much as we can to as many people as possible. We’d love for you to join us by rocking a tee or two or giving us a shout out online. #FreefolkForChrist